Do I have to be a member to shop?
No, we are open to all for retail shopping.
What can I buy?
We focus on goods from local farms and businesses as well as regional and national suppliers of natural, organic, and sustainable goods:
- Staples like produce, meats, dairy, and eggs
- Dry goods like herbs, spices, grains, flours, beans, nuts, seeds, and dried fruit
- Canned and pre-packaged goods
- Natural household products and personal care items
Where do you get this stuff?
- National suppliers of natural, organic and sustainable goods like United Natural Foods, Frontier Natural Products, and Equal Exchange
- Regional suppliers like International Gourmet Foods and Happy Dirt
- Local farms like Homestead Creamery and Harmony Ridge
- Local businesses like Vernon Produce and Charlie’s Soap
Will I save money buying from TBC?
It depends. It is best to know current prices if price is your most important consideration.
How do I join?
- Retail memberships ($35 yearly, a quarterly rebate based on store purchases in the form of a gift card to Acadia Foods, vote in co-op elections and major decisions) can be purchased at checkout in the store.
- For working membership ($35 yearly, three hour monthly work shift, a quarterly rebate based on store purchases in the form of a gift card to Acadia Foods, online ordering with Friday pickup, vote in co-op elections and major decisions) e-mail us.
Why should I join?
TBC members provide ourselves and our community with a local, natural, non-commercial alternative to grocery stores for retail shopping.